Updated on 9 August 2018
Protests in Hong Kong began on 31 March 2019 following a proposed change in extradition treaties between Hong Kong and mainland China. These protests have been escalating in unpredictability and violence, most notably in June 2019, and the Australian Government have now raised their warning level to ‘Exercise a High Degree of Caution’.
If you are in Indonesia and need emergency assistance call us on +61288837077 or e-mail at email@example.com
Protest groups have caused disruption to public transport services including buses and trains. Tourist areas have been affected. DFAT are advising travellers to avoid all affected areas and follow local instructions.
The below information was issued on 9 August 2019 and applies to your Velosure Travel Insurance policy, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a civil protest event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 12:05am AEST 7 August 2019.
For policies issued prior to 12:05am AEST 7 August 2019
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note there is no cover for the above benefits unless your travel has been directly affected by the protests.
For policies issued after 12:05am AEST 7 August 2019
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. There is provision for cover for other claims that are not related to this event subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, benefit exclusions and general exclusions.
Making a claim* * TIPS:** • If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Velosure Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://travel.velosure.com.au.
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on +61 2 8883 7082.
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.